Brief History of Berekum PRESEC
Year of establishment: 4th march, 1993
Telephone number: 0352094013
Important school dates:
Speech day: 6th November, 2010.
Founders’ day: 4th march
Founded by Presbyterian Church of Ghana
To produce well-balanced and disciplined individuals who will be intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically sound with the needed knowledge and skills for the socio-economic development of our country.
To uphold the holistic development of our human and material resources by
- Addressing all factors that inhibit development.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of quality education.
- Promoting good Christian principles in our students.
Development through determination
Programme and corresponding subjects offered
General knowledge in arts
General knowledge in arts
Food and nutrition
Management in living
General arts I
General arts II
Ghanaian language (Asante Twi)
Christian religious studies
National science fair
- 2003/4 --------- 1st prize at Sunyani
- 2006/7 --------- 2nd prize at Wa
- 2007/8 --------- 1st prize at Ho
- 2008/9 --------- 2nd prize at Takoradi
- Regional champions – milo games --- 2003
- Regional rep for national milo games at cape coast --- 2003
6. Status of institution & facilities.
The school is a day institution with hostel facilities
8. School facilities:
- classrooms --- 20
- Library: --- 01 – stocked with assorted books.
- textbooks: --- assorted
- science (demonstration room) --- 01
- i.c.t. --- 01 with 30 computers
- 2. non-academic:
Recreational grounds: the school has the following:
- football field
- handball court
- basketball court
- volley ball court
Sports and games
The school has an old students association which gives support in diverse ways.
Parent- teacher association
The school has a very vibrant PTA which gives support in many ways including provision of classrooms, staff accommodation, library, furniture, computers and financial support for teachers.
Mr. D. P. K. Danquah --- Chairman
Mr. I. K. Obeng --- Vice chairman
Mr. Oben Amanianpong --- Treasurer
Mr. Korang Yeboah --- Secretary
Mr. Gyan Kyereh --- Assistant secretary
Mr. Enstil --- Member
Madam Janet Nyame --- Member
Mr. Attah owusu yeboah --- Member
Madam Doris Achia --- Member
Mr. Mensah Diawuo --- Headmaster
Mr. Sampson AsanteYeboah --- Accountant
13. Members of board of governors
1. Rev. Dr. Kofi Effa Ababio --- Chairman
2. D. P. K. Danquah --- PTA rep.
3. Mr. Kwasi Baba --- Old student’s rep.
4. Ms. Cynthia Obeng Kyereme --- Old students’ rep.
5. Mr. J. K. Tuah --- Rep. Of director general
6. Hon. Christopher Nketia --- Rep of municipal assembly
7. Hon. Salomey Effah --- Rep. Of municipal assembly
8. Ms. Delecta Djan --- Rec. Manager Presby sch.
9. Regional director
10. Mr. J. Mensah-diawuo --- Headmaster
11. Mr. D. Amankona-Diawuo --- Act. Board secretary
12. Rep. Of non-teaching staff
15. Guidance and counseling unit
The school has a guidance and counselling unit which is managed by Rev. Vincentia Essie Aidam and supported byMessrs Patrick Ansu, Eric Tuah-Kwarteng and Samuel Oppong Boateng.
Berekum-Seikwa Road Opposite Runners Hotel