The Berekum branch of GNFS was established on 1st FEB 1993 with 12 personnel made up five senior officers and seven other ranks headed by Division Officer Grade II Nana A. M Damoah without fire tender. The station was housed in an old court building in Atonotia.
Four months later, the station was issued with eight hundred capacity water tender on 19th August 1998, we moved from the old court building to the building which was formally used as District Treasury which was renovated by the Municipal Assembly in collaboration with the ministry of interior. However, it was officially handed over to GNS on28th December, 2007.
Fighting unwanted fire outbreaks, rescue in Road Traffic accidents and fire outbreaks, fire safety education, bush fire prevention education, training of fire volunteers and rendering of humanitarian services.
Number of staff
43 including two senior officers.
To reduce fire outbreak and death in Road Accidents.
Appreciable sensitization of the public and reduced domestic and bush fires as well as road accidents
P. Box 509, Berekum, adjacent circuit court.
- Road network in the municipality has developed pot holes, this obstructs call to emergencies.
- Difficulty getting access to concerned areas because of unauthorized structures.
- On an emergency call, road users turn deaf ears to siren.
- Insufficient fire hydrants.
- Accommodation is a serious problem bewitching the office as even the municipal fire officer lives in rented house likewise the senior personnel.