The Berekum police station was opened to tackle crime that is prevention of crime, detection of crime and prosecution of offenders. A divisional headquarters was acquired in Berekum and it takes care of four districts; Berekum, Sampa, Dormaa Ahenkro and Drobo
- Provides guard to banks and other vital institutions such as the Volta River Authority (VRA).
- Both day and night patrols to prevent crime and to apprehend offenders.
- Domestic violence and victim support unit which also provide counseling to the public.
Number of staff
165 men and women
- Crime prevention
- Crime detection
- Prosecution of offenders
The Ghana Police service exists to
- Deliver services in crime prevention, detection, apprehension, and prosecution of offenders
- Consistence with the expectation of Ghanaian stakeholders for maximum protection, safe, secure, and peaceful communities.
Service with integrity
Reduction of crime to the barest minimum hence the municipality is relatively calm.
Divisional Police Headquarters, Box 85, Jamdede- Berekum
- Acute accommodation problem (in adequate housing for personnel to live and work)
- Logistics problem such as vehicles , communication systems